Raging Blood
Doriti să reactionati la acest mesaj? Creati un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectati-vă pentru a continua.

~ † YouR BunnY,YouR TragedY † ~

AcasaGalerieCăutareUltimele imaginiÎnregistrareConectare

In Absentia

In jos 
AutorMesaj
DarK
Junior vain
Junior vain
DarK

Numarul mesajelor : 96
Varsta : 33
Where? : [ Wasteland ]
Data de inscriere : 17/04/2009

In Absentia Empty
MesajSubiect: In Absentia   In Absentia I_icon_minitimeLun Mai 11, 2009 11:13 am

Darkness is defined as the absence of light , varying in intensity based on the observer’s own definition . That being said , we must remember a few basic corollaries . One , we assume the observer is human , and two , we assume both have been experienced before .

--

Upon shifting hills of angry red stood the Guard . Tall , powerful beings of solidified energy that protected the Palace from those below the hills . Zircon glanced sideways at his brother , eyestalks shifting to keep watch for the Guard while giving his twin just as much attention . The last thing they wanted was to be left open – vulnerable , even – in such a precarious situation .

Short , stocky limbs covered in a skin of rough , gray strips shot out from either side of Zircon’s stony form . Eye meeting his brother’s , the gray skin peeled back , curling as it went , to reveal a cadaverous structure , oxidized organs gasping in luxurious breaths of chlorine as they regained their original , healthy , orange coloring .

Zircon’s eyestalk flashed , a burst of brilliant light that went unnoticed by the Guard ( a burst bright enough that it would have blinded if not killed a human ) as it conveyed the message to his brother , “ The air is safe . You may breathe . ”

A shorter , light gray creature tentatively puffed oxygen out of his torso , expression austere and mind set . He knew what had to be done to protect his people . He knew what would happen once he breathed the chlorine in . Systems that , for the entirety of his life , measured in quints and mellias ( he almost laughed recalling the Earthen equivalents he had read of – five hours to a quint , a thousand years to a mellia – the Earth men had such strange time measurements ! ) , had always coped with the oxygen that spun at the core of their home , a debasing mixture of peasant airs . The instant the cool , refreshing , sweet-smelling chlorine hit his infrastructure , his body would tune to it , and it alone . His brother had already made his life forfeit , breathing chlorine was forbidden to Sub-Gaians , to all those who lived below the Palace . Such an infraction of the law gave the Guard right to shoot to kill , asking no questions whatsoever .

But it all had to be done ...

Their people were making an escape , were retreating to the nearby chlorine-atmosphere planet of Antigonius . For them to manage the flight unhindered , a distraction was necessary . The twins , Zircon and Xantos , were that distraction .

And every click counted ...

Punctiliously planning every instant of the emancipation from their oxidized home had taken nearly a mellia , but finally , after so many deaths , so much sorrow , they were going to be free !

“ I believe ! ” began Zircon , flashing the one eyestalk that was turned to Xantos . “ Joseph Addison , an Earthling , once summarized this moment in what the Earth men call a " play " . Cato , I believe , was its name . He said , " How beautiful is death , when earned by virtue ! Who would not be that youth ? What pity is it
 that we can die but once to serve our country ! " .

The seemingly inconsequential reminder of their cause was all Xantos needed as he boldly peeled the skin back from his eyestalks , breathing deeply the clean , sweet scent of chlorine for the first time in his many mellias , the gas turning his skin the same angry crimson as the rest of the landscape .

Eyestalks returning to their protective coverings , ( Xantos shivered , thinking again of the humans – ones he had seen on screens , read of through data sheets , rebelling and fighting and free – opening their faces – splitting them in half ! – to obtain air . And they needed so much of it ! Always breathing , so inefficient ! Especially when their own , the Rayettes , only needed to do so three to four times a quint ! ) he set his sights on his twin , eyes stalwart and unwavering as he softly blipped , " Thank you , brother . Your flashes do help mitigate a troubled mind . "

Zircon replied absentmindedly , " Let us hope it is enough to get us both through this . We can speak no more , for we will doubtlessly be caught . "

Xantos’s eyestalks drooped stiffly as he flashed , " I know , brother . This is our last quint together , you and I . I only want to remember the colours of your flashes , the way darkness consumes your eyes when you speak . Brother , is it so wrong that I wish to remember you ? "

Zircon released a puff of carbon from his between the cracks in his skin before pressing his one eye to his brother’s , offering his condolences . Pulling back , Zircon conveyed , " Brother , Xantos , we all knew that this would happen . We understood that from this mission , there would be no return . We accepted that , for our people’s sake , we have to die . But , if I am to be honest , I will miss your flashes as well . Now , we must move . Are you ready ? "

Xantos returned the optical embrace of his brother as he queried , " The real question is , are you ready to pull the ultimate , the biggest prank in history ? On the Royal Guard ? Or are you going to back out , brother ? "

Zircon blinked rapidly in amusement and returned his full gaze to the Guard , tensing his body for the sprint past the doors . All he had to do was get inside and the detonator he carried would destroy their entire home . All he had to do was wait for the signal . All he had to do ...

A ship was seen – massive in size , poor in appearance , brilliant in quality – and Xantos flashed Zircon for the last time , " Ready to blow up a star ? "

--

The explosion had propelled the unwitting ship to the surface of Antigonius . The small planet was held in position between three brilliant stars – now only two – and its chlorine-based atmosphere made it perfect for the star-creatures’ new home .

Slowly opening the doors of the ship’s main exit , a gray Rayette flashed as she swiftly turned red , " Xantos , Zircon , such redoubtable young ones , your bravery and fearsome tactics which freed us all shall never be forgotten ... "

The doors finally opened and light enough to blind all humanity flooded the ship as one fearful youngling clung to her mother , asking with trembling flashes , now brighter than the light outside , " Why is it so dark ? "
Sus In jos

In Absentia
Sus 
Pagina 1 din 1

Permisiunile acestui forum:Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum
Raging Blood :: Vain's fun :: Fan Fics-
Mergi direct la: